Who we are
A non-for-profit association within the services industry, PV CYCLE ivzw/aisbl executing the Extended Producer Responsibility for companies selling photovoltaic (PV) (solar) panels in the 28 countries of the European Union.
PV CYCLE offers both collective and tailor-made waste management and legal compliance services for companies and owners of PV Systems, in Europe and – since 2017 – around the world.
Founded in 2007 by and for the PV industry, PV CYCLE today includes a broad range of electrical and electronic equipment, batteries, packaging and industrial waste in its portfolio.
The organization has legal entities and representations throughout the globe including, Germany, Italy, France, the United States, Spain and the United Kingdom and currently has 16 employees.
For more information, visit www.pvcycle.org or sign up for our newsletter. You can also find PV CYCLE on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook.
Due to the departure of our current Finance manager, PV CYCLE is looking for a Finance Manager Europe who can start immediately for this permanent position.
From its headquarter in Brussels, PV CYCLE currently manages the bookkeeping and accountancy of seven (7) legal entities. The bookkeeping is organized and managed with external partners.
At the closing of the financial year, an external auditor executes statutory or based upon a decision from our Board, an annual financial audit.
The Finance Manager is supported by an Assistant Manager Finance and Membership.
The Finance Manager is primarily responsible to develop, to guide and to manage all the operations related to the finances of our organization. The person is responsible for delivering an effective finance strategy and an efficient process, through both high level and down to earth approach.
The Finance Manager shall specifically be responsible for:
– Development and delivery of an agreed finance strategy, delivery of plans, standards and evaluation;
– Ensuring that all financial operations, internal and external, are of an appropriate high standard, and driven by the best economics;
– Driving operational excellence, significantly improving the efficiency and the reliability of finances;
– Prepare financial statements, business activity reports, and forecasts;
– Monitor financial details to ensure that legal requirements are met;
– Supervise its assistant who books the invoices;
– Review company financial reports and seek ways to reduce costs;
– Analyze market trends to maximize profits and find expansion opportunities;
– Help management make financial decisions.
As a member of the management team the Finance Manager Europe reports to the Managing Director and the Board of Directors.
Within the Organization, the position has primary working relationships with the
Managing Director, Country Managers, staff of the Country managers, and with its service provider(s).
– Global Financial Management of the association.
– Business controlling:
– Brief monthly and extensive quarterly financial reporting for Management and Board;
– Financial analysis on a monthly basis;
– Translation of accounting / analytical account towards an adequate management reporting;
– Budgeting and long term financial planning;
– Ad hoc analysis on different business drivers.
– Responsible for the overall accounting function;
– Monthly respectively quarterly closing of the financial accounts;
– Relationship with external accountant(s) and auditor(s).
– Cash management, Accounts Payable, Accounts receivable
– Taking care of payments and reconciliation;
– Invoicing and Credit Control;
– Daily cash management activities / monthly respectively quarterly cash forecasting;
– Taking care of bank relations;
– Debtors controlling on the fees.
– Managing and improving the Financing model regarding the contribution fee(s);
– Administrative and Financial management of R&D and other projects;
– Purchasing and Contract Management related to financial services;
– Managing of all financial aspects of the association;
*Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or equivalent experience in SME or in the industry;
*Minimum 2 years experience; the position is open for young potentials;
*Computer and systems skills: Proficient in Excel applications. Proficient in working with Microsoft Dynamics and database applications preferred;
*Analytical and reporting experience;
*Strong commercial acumen and stakeholder management skills
*Evidence of good oral and written communication skills, self-motivation, initiative and the ability to work as part of a team, detail oriented.
*Excellent problem-solving, analytical, technical, IT and numerical abilities are crucial.
* Able to navigate a fast-paced, ever changing environment that operates under tight deadlines.
* Able to set priorities based on business and stakeholder need.
* Besides Dutch and French, strong English written and oral communication skills; Italian and/or German and/or Spanish oral communication skills are an asset.
What we offer
– Depending on the form of our cooperation, an appropriate remuneration.
– A dynamic and multi-cultural team of 8 colleagues in Brussels and 8 colleagues located around Europe
– A fast paced working environment and many international contacts.
– An inspiring environment on the edge between the renewable energy and the circular economy industry;
– The office is located in Brussels. However, the function requires flexibility towards travelling or flexible office.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV in English by email to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is Friday 14 December 2018, C.O.B.
The first round selection might consist of a short telephone meeting on Monday 17 December 2018.
In-depth interviews are scheduled for week 51 in order to contract the successful candidate in week 52.